New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

noise in radio

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2011, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noise in radio

2005 chevy silverado hooked up new radio got a noise in it, gets louder when step on gas it. I know it has something to do with ground. I unhooked ground from truck and grounded it directly to dash board got quieter but still there. Moved wires around to ground else where but noise still there some places it's quieter but would like it to dissaper does any one know how to fix this problem
Old June 20th, 2011, 12:27 PM
CF Active Member

Hi edridd welcome to the forum.
If this is ticking noise that changes with engine revs it could be ignition system interference. This section is for new members to make themselves known, and not for help questions. I'm sure that if you post in the general tech section somebody will give you some advice on your problem.
Old June 20th, 2011, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

It's like a whistle noise low until engine revs. I looked on web and it said I could hook a wire in the brown ignition switch since that year doesn't have a switched wire or I could of gone into a pink or yellow wire I can't remember which one. I thought maybe it was ground when I took ground off it got real loud and quieted down when ground back on. When music is playing you can't here it as much depending on song and gets loud when accelerating until engine shifts into next gear and levels out, but that maybe would make since at were I put the switched wire. I'll move that wire and see what happens. Thanks so much I don't have a lot of money, to have installed it, would cost over 200.00 I'm trying to install for my wife's truck. Her radio went out and she disabled. Thanks again and am sorry for the site I went on I'm new at this and really needed to get some help.
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:34 PM
CF Active Member

I have copied these details to your other thread, hope that helps.
Adrian