New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

4T65E Tranny Issue

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2011, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "E" Solenoid. I'm not sure what this is...please enlighten me. Thanks
Old October 30th, 2011, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

There are two shift solenoids a PC Solenoid, a TCC Solenoid and a Manifold Pressure Switch...???
Old October 30th, 2011, 4:22 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Manifold pressure switch controls all? There'd be where I'd start. I am not a tranny expert, but hard shifting when hot, or warm operating temp, tells me viscosity issues. I KNOW you posted dex 3, is there anyway it is something else?
Old October 30th, 2011, 4:27 PM
CF Monarch

Ok, what was in the tranny before? The torque converter might be the issue with what was in it to whats in it now.
Old October 30th, 2011, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

The tranny has only been filled with Dex III. I dismiss torque converter issues because the problem appeared RIGHT after changing fluid / filter. (No flush) also it only happens when starting out under load and at moderate to full throttle and then only in 1st gear. Shift into second is fine...or at least it feels fine. Thanks. I agree that it may be a PC Solenoid or Manifold Press switch though...buy why so sudden and after a fluid change? LOL
Old October 30th, 2011, 4:39 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by tplp02
The tranny has only been filled with Dex III. I dismiss torque converter issues because the problem appeared RIGHT after changing fluid / filter. (No flush) also it only happens when starting out under load and at moderate to full throttle and then only in 1st gear. Shift into second is fine...or at least it feels fine. Thanks. I agree that it may be a PC Solenoid or Manifold Press switch though...buy why so sudden and after a fluid change? LOL
That solenoid is as old as the fluid (or car). It could be circumstancial.
Old October 30th, 2011, 4:46 PM
CF Monarch

I am no expert, it sounds to me like you are alot more in ep on this. Great to have you pst what you have, we all learn.
Old October 30th, 2011, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

I agree with you whole whole heartedly! I am trying to find the most cost effective repair rather that rebuild it. If I have to do a rebuild, I will however, I dont think it needs it. Again, I believe it is a pressure problem form the symptoms and the fact that I can adjust line pressure and make the symptoms stop. Transmission shops give you the easiest answer (and the most cost effective for them LOL) REBUILD! I refuse to believe this at this point, this is why I am asking questions from experts in forums such as this. I like to ask questions and learn rather than spend money on un-needed repairs. My wife does this very good LOL!