New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

94 camaro z28 minor problems

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2012, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 camaro z28 minor problems

hi im new to this site. i recently bought a very nice 94 camaro z28. it looks and runs great but every now and then i will be sitting at a stop light and it will just die. i put it in park and it starts right back up no problems. also very rarley it will miss out while excelerating. the check engine light comes on when it hesitates and dies but turns right back off. ive had the car for about 5 months. the guy i bought it off said he had just replaced the opti spark a few weeks before i bought it. i just dont want this to turn into a bigger problem. it will run perfectly for weeks but then out of the blue it will hesitate and/or die while idling. the guy at advanced auto said it was the throttle position sensor but he wasnt 100% sure. i went ahead and bought a new sensor but since it doesnt die consistently i wont know if it was the problem until it does it again. so if anyone has had a problem similar to this and would offer some insight i would greatly appreciate it. thanks
Old February 23rd, 2012, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

well i replaced the tps and took on a drive drove around about ten minutes then it died. normally it would start right back up but i had to crank it about 5 times and it finnally started and got back home. i then put a new ignition control module on. started it up let it run for about 10 minuites and it didnt die. so i drove to the gas station got some gas and injector cleaner and got back home no problem. then about a hour later went to start it and it just cranks and cranks but doesnt start. i checked out the opti and it didnt have any corosion or mositure on it. it looked very clean. also the fuel pump primes everytime i turn the key and it sounds very strong as the previous owner replaced it. im gunna have the coil tested next hopefully thats it. if its not i guess the crank and cam position sensors are my next guess. if anyone could help me that would be awsome. im kinda at a dead end
Old February 23rd, 2012, 5:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum!!

The "New Member Welcome Area" is not typically used for help threads. You will get much better attention to your thread, and thus responses, simply by posting in the correct section HERE.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks