New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Car won’t start!!

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2019, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won’t start!!

Hey so I have a question I have a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS.. last week some time my check engine light came on but I ended up parking my car for a few days then I had went to try and start it up and my lights came on ‘ on the dashboard but my car wouldn’t start so I got it jumped and it started , the day after getting it jumped I tried to start it again just to check and see if it would and it wouldn’t and barely any lights would come on it was as if the lights were dimmed. Now my car still won’t start at all and the lights on the dashboard won’t come on I replaced the battery and it still won’t start unless it gets jumped. Does anybody know what it could be??

Last edited by MeanBean; October 26th, 2019 at 9:49 PM. Reason: Didn’t put car make/model
Old October 27th, 2019, 7:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Check your battery cables at both ends. There could be corrosion or other problems with them.
Old October 27th, 2019, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey , so I got it checked out everything is good on the battery but the fuse box is only getting 4.2 vaults going to it and I can’t figure out why.. I thought it may be the alternator but I haven’t checked fully.