New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Car won’t start needs jump everytime 2014 Cruze

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2019, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won’t start needs jump everytime 2014 Cruze

12/3 I had the anti theft sign come on but after a day of jumping the car twice the anti theft sign turned off and is currently saying track system and power steering and acting odd. The car would turn back on if I turned it off from a jump but would not turn on after a few hours and I went to get it tested came back at 13 volts sitting and 14.7 charging 12/4 the next day after a jump it will not turn back on if I turn the car off and the volts on my dash is telling me 8.7 most 9v and 14.7 when I jump it and is charging... is the battery dying or is the alternator messing up?????.... I currently have a 2014 Chevy Cruze 78k miles still has the first battery ... I am going to try the 3-10 minute method but I have two keys for my car I don’t see why both won’t work plz help
Old December 4th, 2019, 1:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if the car won't start without a boost....you either have a bad battery or discharged battery from a parasitic draw.

What did you do to test the battery? did you test it yourself or have a shop with a battery tester check it?

charging the battery and measuring open circuit voltage doesn't test the battery when it under load. it needs to be load tested. bad batteries will show good open circuit voltage but fail when loaded.

Last edited by tech2; December 4th, 2019 at 1:08 PM.