New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

engine reduced power,service stability track,service traction control

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2015, 5:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine reduced power,service stability track,service traction control

For the last week my stability track light service traction control light and engine reduced power light has popped on 2 times while i was on the highway on my way to work...any suggestions on why this keeps happening
Old February 3rd, 2015, 9:06 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your question in the relevant section of the forum for your vehicle, you will get more views and answers to your question.
Old October 14th, 2015, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Ok ill about me. I'm active duty military. And I drive a avalanche. In the Hampton roads area.
Old October 14th, 2015, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcanada92
For the last week my stability track light service traction control light and engine reduced power light has popped on 2 times while i was on the highway on my way to work...any suggestions on why this keeps happening
Please don't go to the dealer seem Chevy is not going to recall our trucks and take it off go down and read my post just take your neg (black)post off your battery its gonna stop what that do send a reboot to the cpu and it stay off for a long time but I haven't figured out what trigger it but I'm working on it pleas don't waste any money at the dealers because that's what they gonna do just do like I said and keep going until Chevy recall us to bring them in hopefully no one get killed before Chevy realize how dangerous it is
Old October 14th, 2015, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hey rick

Originally Posted by Rick 07avee
Ok ill about me. I'm active duty military. And I drive a avalanche. In the Hampton roads area.
Read my post I'll tell ya what you can do please don't waste your money at the dealers
Old October 17th, 2015, 5:51 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rick 07avee
Welcome to the forum.

Be sure to visit the Avalanche section of the forum.

Thank you for your service.
Old October 17th, 2015, 6:35 PM
JNH
CF Beginner

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe V6, mileage at service time 71000, service date was 10/16/2015, serviced at Doug’s Chevrolet in Akron Ohio. I had the issue of “Reducing Engine Power” then “Shutting Engine Down” including the “Check Engine” and “Traction Control” lights. I discussed this with the dealership service department and they agreed that it was going to be either the ECM or the Throttle Body. They said the ECM is covered under Federal Emission Warranty (8yr/80,000 mile), and the Throttle Body was also covered under “some other” warranty (hmm on that one, they did not go into specifics). After diagnostics they replaced the ECM, total cost, zero. The Federal Emission Warranty covers diagnostics and labor as well as the parts. Glad I did my research, so posting this so that others with this problem are aware, go to the dealership!
Old October 17th, 2015, 9:18 PM
Administrator

JNH: you might want to post this good information in the Chevrolet equivalent of Pontiac G6 section of the forum.
Old January 10th, 2016, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dcanada92

Same thing is going on with my vehicle did you get any reponse on the problem
Old January 12th, 2016, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

Angry Since October 2015 stability traction control issues

Off and on this has happened. Original dealership blows me off with the line... You have to bring it in here when the problem is happening. Ummm hard to do when it happens randomly when your driving. This is beyond frustrating. This is a common problem and yet there is not one recall or 100% repair without any out of pocket expense. Was getting my car towed home and the tow truck driver who happens to own a 2007 trail blazer has the same problem. Imagine that. Wow. I thought GM/ Chevy stood by their vehicles. The Saturn Vue has the same problems also. How is this not covered under warranty when it's attached to the engine power being reduced whenever it feels like it. It could be sunny and no ice and it happens. You could be driving 55 mph and the lights come on and the engine power is reduced go NO reason. How can this be ok? This is a safety issue. It is upsetting to know that your life is truly in danger and those who ride with you or those driving next to you. I am shocked that there has not been a recall. I will say that when I spoke to GM about this issue they had me go to another dealership. They took care of the diagnostic test which by the way I had already done my research to find out that it's the throttle body, thanks to the manny Chevy/ GM owners who have this same issue. I knew it was going to be $650 to get it repaired. GM wants me to pay $500 and they will pay the rest. Which to me is not fair. Oh and I have had and still have air conditioning issues that have been addressed fixed and still is not working properly. The dealership blows me off with that issue also. I am starting to think I bought a lemon.

Quick Reply: engine reduced power,service stability track,service traction control