New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Help

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2005, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Hello everyone, I own a 2002 Impala LS, am the second owner and at 34,000 miles my transmission went out, warranty was up and Chevy wouldn't do anything, so $2300 later I had a beefed up rebuilt tranny. Now at 37,000 miles tranny is acting up again and its in the shop now, they are replacing a solenoid and said that 10 engine codes come up and think it needs a new computer because everything else is running fine....we will see.A $500 job to replace a fuel sensor was done right after I got it but covered under warranty, done right around 29,000 miles.</P>

What should I do? I love the car but I can't keep putting money into it... and with the tranny loan and the car payment I could have had an suv at this point, but owe way more than the car is worth now...</P>

any suggestions in any direction would help, thanks!</P>

joe</P>
Old November 16th, 2005, 4:43 PM
Administrator

Default Help

check your states lemon laws.
Old January 4th, 2006, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Help

Don't expect much from GM, I bought a brand new s10 in 99 and it threw a rod at 21,000 miles in 01. The truck was babied during the whole life of the motor even using synthetic oil, but the oil pump went out while it was idling in the driveway while I was getting ready for work on a cold winter day and by the time I heard it start to knock and ran out to shut it off it was too late. I contacted GM right away and their respose was "sorry we won't cover it because you weren't in the vehicle, but for $6,000 we can give it a new engine". I understand that if I were in the vehicle I would have noticed the drop in oil pressure, but there should be some type of safety shut off if oil pressure is lost, the dealership just said that I shouldn't have let the thing idle without being in it or I would have seen the oil pressure light, but my thoughts were that an $18,000 2 year old vehicle should be ok to start and let it warm up on a 10 degree morning. That is the last GM I will ever buy because of this and hopefully GM does go bankrupt as rumor has it that they may, serves them right. If they only used their heads and treated all customers as they should and replace things under the warranty they offer then most people would continue to buy their cars which would put them in a better financial situation.