New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

HELP PLEASE! 1999 Chev Tahoe Interior Dome & Door Lights

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2013, 11:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's an update:
Instructions I found on-line: Interior Lights--Open the Tahoe's hood and remove the cover of the fuse box in the engine compartment. Locate the fuse labeled "INTPARK". This is the interior lighting fuse. If the fuse is broken, replace it. The "INTPARK" fuse, or any fuse for that matter, is broken when the metal stick inside the fuse is no longer in a single piece.

Everything ok there.

My understanding of what happened. The Dome over-ride switch will not shut the Dome light off. So once you turn it on, you have to open and shut one of the front doors each time to shut it off. ALSO BOTH front door jamb switches must be working. My passenger side wasn't. That did it. I did have an electrical mechanic fix it because I couldn't get the switches out. Also all the door light bulbs were burnt out and I couldn't get to those either. The price was worth my peace of mind and ability to see in the car at night.