New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hey Guys Im new with a 1987 Chevy Caprice Classic Brougham.

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2013, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys Im new with a 1987 Chevy Caprice Classic Brougham.

Hey everyone Im new here. I just created this account today. I just recently purchased a 1987 Chevy caprice classic brougham that i received a good deal on and Im some what in the process of restoring the car a little at a time but its going to be my main vehicle also, so I will be driving the car in the process of doing things to it. Its a really nice comfortable ride with high miles of course but the engine is stong and good and clean never the less. I had a mechanic come along with me when I purchased the car just to help me check it all out and make sure all was well and he found several things wrong with it right off the bat. The lady wanted 1000 dollars for the car originally but I purchased it for 500.

It needed a radiator which I have already replaced due to a leak in the coils. It has a few more minor problems but i dont mind I bought the car expecting to dump some money into it to get it like i want it. But the car is definatly worth the time and money. I have been doing lots of research and found that pretty much everything you could want to buy for these cars is relativley inexpensive to say the least and I have a mechanic who is willing to do all the work for me at half the cost of what you would expect from a shop.

So anyway I created this account in hopes of some of you experienced guys and people with lots of knowledge on these cars would be able and willing to give a helping hand and some guidence on getting these things done. Im sure I will have plenty of questions and I will be more than happy to post pictures and responses to what I have done to the car as it all comes together and share my knowlege learned in the process. So with that being said...... Thanks for having me and I look forward to hearing from you all and Thanks in advance for all the help.
Old April 10th, 2013, 8:30 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear from you Jonew! Welcome
Old June 4th, 2013, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

welcome aboard. i see you got a box chevy . thats good they last and they durable
Old June 4th, 2013, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

hey these cars are so duarable and def a good running car. trust me they are worth rebuilding. for so many reason .
when i brought my 94 chevy caprice back in 09 . its was basically just a car with parts. i rebuild it . and now i have no problems mechanically wise,
i changed the water pump , thermostat , alternator , high performance spark plugs.

but my caprice is heading the show car way. right now i just put my music into it