New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hey Guys! New Memeber here! My "project"

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys! New Memeber here! My "project"

Hey guys whats going on! I'm new to the Chevy truck scene. And its funny to say i was never really planning on getting a truck that i loved. So here's my long story short.....kinda.

i had to buy a vehicle for the winter, Living in Central NY, and i was looking for something 4wd or something that was reliable. im still in college and i have to drive 60 miles a day to school. i had a winder vehicle the past winter but it was not my style of vehicle, 2008 Mercury Mariner (it was baby blue....) had it for one winter then sold it. it was so slow and not "fun". i have a summer car, 87 Toyota Supra, that is my "project", nearly finished, so i could save money for a truck. my father had a 1999 silverado that i loved. he drove the S&!t out of it until it finally hit hay (frame rot). so i decided to get a silverado.

i stumbled upon a White 2000 silverado 1500 rwd on CL. had 75k miles and he only wanted 1800 for it. only down side was that it wasn't 4wd. i went to check it out. ran awesome little rust, but the rockers were gone lol. guy didnt need the truck anymore, it was his business truck. i basically stole it.

brang it home planning on selling it in the summer to get something 4wd. then durring the last months of winter someone drove through my girlfriends drive way and crashed into my truck, side swiping her car and her father silverado. but my truck got the worst of it. the people drove away and we never figured out who hit my truck. my back bumper, trailer hitch and bed were crushed in the rear and right side.

as you can imagine i was P-O'ed. but i wa also made now that i cant sell it for as much as i could. so now the Project begins...

i bought a "new" bed, no rust and only a few dings. now my truck half white and half black. so i purchased a new hood and front fenders (black) because it saved on time of painting it and they were in better condition than mine. so now i had to paint the doors, cab and roof. i also purchased 4 Chrome saw blade rims from my cousin and bought new tires for them.

Things still new to do till its finished:
1. clear coat the paint
2. instal new rocker panels
3. Powder-coat rims black
4. Instal new rear bumper

Old June 5th, 2013, 3:00 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for joining, J.D.Collins! Glad to have you as a part of our community