New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Sluggish Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sluggish Acceleration

I have a 1995 chevy c1500, 5.0 TBI and I have replaced the PCM, Fuel pump, EGR, EGR sensor, MAP Sensor, TBP sensor, Idle Air control valve, Distributor and cap, spark plug wires, O2 sensor, Knock sensor, Air filter and it is TDC on time. Know I do not have any acceleration at the start. It is slow to rev up with no horse power while in drive. I do not have any engine light or codes on the OEM 1 code reader. Does anyone have any idea as to why this would happen. Before I changed the items above, I had no issues. the reason I did change all was because the service light would come on and it would tell me that I needed to change the PCM and EGR which is when all of this started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:21 AM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

I would recheck the timing and make sure the advance is working.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for your help. I am not sure as to check the advance. I know that when I was setting the timing (while running) the idle would go up and down on the truck and that the mark was right at 0 degrees. Is that checking the advance? Sorry, I am just a home mechanic (Green) and just not sure. Again, thank you for your help.
Old June 5th, 2013, 2:59 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pleasure hearing from you kansfan48. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Old June 5th, 2013, 9:54 PM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

Before setting the timing at 0, you have to disconnect the timing connector which should be near the distributor. After setting the timing reconnect the connector and that should be the correct timing. Check Youtube for a video on the correct procedure.