New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

I'm in need of some help 02 chevy tahoe ac problem

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2017, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm in need of some help 02 chevy tahoe ac problem

Ok.. so first things first i own a 02 chevy tahoe with dual ac front and rear, when i bought the truck the front ac was working great and the rear was warmish so i decided for my 7 month old daughter i wanted the rear ac to work just as good as the front, ok so i replaced the rear evaporator and expansion valve, evac, vacuum and recharged, n wasn't cooling like it should, so i decided to replace the compressor and drier, same thing evac and recharged n still the same so i went in ahead and changed the condenser thinking maybe it wasmy dissapating the heat, same thing evac, vacuum and recharged n still the air was just cool not cold... any thoughts?
Old August 13th, 2017, 7:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

how are you charging the system and how much?

measure and report back the outside ambient temp, relative humidity, center vent temp with the a/c set to max, recirc, engine rpm held at 1000 all windows doors closed after min 5 min run time. high and low side pressures would be a bonus.
Old August 13th, 2017, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default I used a machine

Also I used the amount called for i did the 2.7 lbs for a tahoe with dual ac, also yesterday just to **** kick i had a friend pull the shrader core out n recharge it with the cans, n still get about 75 degrees from the vents, had the low side on open pressure was reading about 70 stepped on the gas pedal the pressure went down but as soon as i let go pressure went back up I've been doing all sorts of research n nobody has the same issues im having, thinking of pulling all apart again replacing everything including the evap core behind the dash dont know what else to do
Old August 13th, 2017, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Having problem with seat belt light

So I went to chevy dealer get my truck safety and told them about my problem with seat belt light drivers side not coming on after paying about 200 bucks to be told it's my cluster panel that will cost about 700 bucks to have new one installed I said no way so I search around for another one used found one that worked all lights bought it for 60 bucks brought home plug it in to find out that seat belt still didn't work well I took seat apart to see if anything wasn't plug in sure enough everything was tried it again still nothing so I'm little lost as I've spent 3000 bucks to get this suv on the road and in Canada with new laws I need that seat belt light to work as now I'm about to lose it on chevy as it's not the cluster panel they would've had 700 bucks to see that wasn't the problem and probably got more out of me saying it was seat and cluster panel well I need help here as I'm about broke fixing this problem with the seat belt light
Old August 13th, 2017, 10:18 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Did you pull the orfice, and clean it?
Old August 13th, 2017, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Done everything can't figure it out
Old August 13th, 2017, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

Sadly I've done everything I know and looked up online did everything possible to check wires and fuses even took seat apart to the cluster panel trace wires and still lost as everything seems to be ok but honestly as chevy told me what they thought and seems they were wrong to what it was to there computer check as there's something stopping from working as a sensor type not working or who knows if chevy can't find it then I'm pretty well stuck with SUV not on the road damn it spent 3000 bucks on it
Old August 13th, 2017, 5:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

dave smuck; start a new thread in the appropriate section and title is appropriately...be nice and don't hijack threads.
Old August 14th, 2017, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default I replaced everything

Replaced everything but the evaporator core, replaced the orfice tube twice because I thought it was stuffed up, yesterday started to disassemble the dash, pulled off the cover from the bottom of the blower motor and resistor come to find out the tahoe had cabin filters, they were very dirty causing the evaporator core to clog up... I'm thinking replacing the core and warranting everything out will fix this problem..... was trying to post pics to show the core and cabin filters but not letting me