New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Looking for info on making your first post?

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2011, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New thread...?

New member to CF, and I have a technical question. I'm registered and I stopped in and introduced myself. I have a technical question which is not what this area is for, so I clicked "New Thread" in the Silverado 1500 section, but got:

Slinger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How do I seek advice? Is there a waiting period before I can post a question?

Last edited by Slinger; July 16th, 2011 at 2:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chadgl (December 1st, 2019)
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all, this is BigTed new to this sites, Ive been reading problems, comments about their vehicles, and i am please with it, ive learned alot here and there, So i decided to join and introduce my self. I am driving a 2006 chevy avalanche with 5.3 engine.

Last edited by tednapalan; August 6th, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default po449 code

I know this is not new, ive read problems and answer to problems with p0449, and now i know more, so far i replaced gas cap, thought it fix the problems, i guess not , engine light came back on no matter whether i reset it it will comes back, but now by reading problems and solutions that gave me more ideas on what else to look for, my next move is to locate that vent solenoid valve by the gas tank, Thanks a lot for all you out there youve been a big help, it will save me some money.
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default check engine light

can sombody help me please. Yesterday my check engine light came on ( I have a 1999 Chevy Malibu) I hooked it up to a scanner and showed code p0102 MAF low input. I checked for any vacuum leaks and checked sensors with scanner everything goes good until I rev up the engine to 3500 RPM and then it starts "missing" the revolutions go up and down between 3000 and 3500. I took of the sensor cleaned it out hooked it back up , erased the code and engine light came back on. Now code P0507 idle high is showing. checked everything with scanner again until again the engine is revved up and get the same reaction. Any suggestions as to what this could be? Any info is appreciated.
Old August 14th, 2011, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Hi guys, my name is ted i am driving a 2006 chevy avalanche, I use to have problem with code po449, and just to let you guys know that i guess i fixed my problem by just replacing the valve solenoid next to fuel tank, so far no engine light indication, it really helps by just reading every bodys experience, I really do appreciated.
Old September 13th, 2011, 1:33 AM
CF Beginner

Chevy Camaro ZL1 undergoes brutal 24-hour test News Pics Vids and Review

Old September 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, My name is Teresa. I have a 99 Tahoe with rear brake light problems. I am frustrated. I need to fix this problem, looking for any help I can get. This problem started after pulling a small trailer while using the hazard lights. Now the hazard lights aren't working. Neither is the rear brake lights even though the 3rd brake light does.
Old October 5th, 2011, 7:18 AM
CF Beginner

Welcome aboard,William. I just joined also & am pleased to see the Marines have landed. hahhaha. I retired in '89. Have a good one.
Old October 5th, 2011, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

Im mark, i have a 86 chevy monte carlo, i've had this car 22 yrs in august and i just purchased a 2004 malibu maxx. i'm glad to be a member, thanks for having me.
Old October 8th, 2011, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default Just to say hi!

New member, 2006 Silverado Special Edition. No problems, just curious to see how everyone has done with remote starters, and the interfaces that have been used.

Quick Reply: Looking for info on making your first post?