New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Navigation System Problem

Old June 17th, 2014, 12:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation System Problem

Navigation System Problem. I have 2012 Suburban LTZ with a nav issue. Sometimes the system routes me AWAY from the destination. Example - I called OnStar for "food" while driving South on I45 headed towards Houston. I had the location - right on the service road est 14 miles ahead. I received notice to exit, ok, then - notice to make a right turn - OFF THE SERVICE ROAD! THROUGH THE NEIGHBORHOOD and I would miss the restaurant completely. NOW - this is NOT the first time it has done this. I was in Pasadena - S bound on Underwood and instructed to turn left, then right, then right again - ONLY TO CROSS THE VERY STREET I HAD BEEN ON IN THE FIRST PLACE. NOW - NOW - NOW for the OTHER PART. I rented a 2013 Tahoe in Carolina last summer AND IT DID THE SAME THING "MY" Suburban does, routed me straight, then U-turn, then left - for a direction I could have made a right turn in the first place.
I have checked EVERY setting and all is well. Spoke to OnStar, Chevy, local dealer, and a different local dealer - NOTHING! :/ I am frustrated about this issue and simply cannot be the only one that this happens to - IN 2 DIFFERENT VEHICLES! :/ Therefore - please let me know if anyone else is having this same issue. NO - updating the map will NOT fix the issue - just take some more money outta your pocket. Thanks
Jerry in Texas
Old June 17th, 2014, 2:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forums!
Old June 17th, 2014, 2:41 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pleasure hearing from you Jerry7111. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Old June 18th, 2014, 5:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Jerry7111,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your Navigation System. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. I will contact our infotainment team on your behalf in order for them to look further into your concern. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care