New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New Member from Florida - Professional Detailer here to give advice.

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2021, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member from Florida - Professional Detailer here to give advice.

Hello, I just want to introduce myself.

My name is Benjamin and I am here to make connections, share advice and share in your experiences. I am a professional detailer and have been in the industry for 20+ years now.
I've worked on just about any car you can imagine from classics to modern exotics and have a lot of experience. I have also mentored other detailers and helped them to better succeed in their businesses.

I would like to offer myself as a source of advice when it comes to caring for your vehicle. If you have questions about how to clean or recondition any part of your vehicle I will take the time to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
I specialize in and have extensive knowledge in paint correction, ceramic coatings, paint protection film and window tint.
I have worked as a Ceramic Pro Certified Installer for over 5 years and due to the network of installers/detailers that I've accumulated over the years I have what seems like endless resources.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for help.
Although, I am not offering my services here, I am offering advice.
Thank you for accepting me to the forums!
The following users liked this post:
OG4LIFE (June 4th, 2021)
Old March 11th, 2021, 9:28 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Since this is the welcome new members to the
forum, you should post a little of your info in the vehicle sections so people can get to know you there also. Thanks for joining.
The following users liked this post:
BmckinneyCP (June 3rd, 2021)
Old June 3rd, 2021, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum. Since this is the welcome new members to the
forum, you should post a little of your info in the vehicle sections so people can get to know you there also. Thanks for joining.
Thank you, I'll check it out!
Old June 3rd, 2021, 3:59 PM
Administrator

Are any of these aftermarket DIY ceramic sprays any good?
Old June 3rd, 2021, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Are any of these aftermarket DIY ceramic sprays any good?
Personally I'm not a fan of those types of products, as they tend to be very short term and offer minimal protection. I've worked with a variety of products over the years including many ceramic coatings. I would not consider these ceramic sprays anywhere close to a consumer grade coating and definitely nothing like a professional grade coating. My preference is in professional grade ceramic coatings because they offer the longest lasting protection with the most protective benefits. This means I don't have to keep reapplying a product to keep my car protected, I just keep it washed regularly (biweekly) and I do an annual decontamination wash to keep the surfaces free of brake dust, tree fallout and the like.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 7:12 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the quick response. I suspect that the professional-grade product is not available to the average consumer.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the quick response. I suspect that the professional-grade product is not available to the average consumer.
Correct, they would require an established licensed business that is insured and also extensive training on how to properly install. It's best to go to a certified professional for professional grade products. There are some decent consumer grade coatings on the market, they just have much less longevity 1-2 years. There is also a learning curve with those coatings.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 7:20 PM
Administrator

Who makes some of the acceptable consumer-grade ceramic products?
Old June 3rd, 2021, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Who makes some of the acceptable consumer-grade ceramic products?
I would say Cquartz, Gtechniq CSL and EXO are user friendly, and I've heard good things about Avalon King. Its very important that do you the preparation properly before attempting a coating, so I would suggest watching videos and reading as much as you can. I can explain the basics here, but I can't really give a hands on demo in a forum.
Old June 5th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Quick Reply: New Member from Florida - Professional Detailer here to give advice.