New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New Member from Florida - Professional Detailer here to give advice.

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2021, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem, feel free to reach back out to me if you need anything.
Old June 5th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

After a quick review, one has to have perfect paint before starting and needs to be detail oriented. I've done car painting and finishing and this sounds like it requires about the same amount of effort. At 78 I think I would let the pros do it.

What's it cost to do a C8 Corvette?
Old June 5th, 2021, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
After a quick review, one has to have perfect paint before starting and needs to be detail oriented. I've done car painting and finishing and this sounds like it requires about the same amount of effort. At 78 I think I would let the pros do it.

What's it cost to do a C8 Corvette?
You're absolutely correct. To do it properly it can be costly in tools, products, knowledge and time. The cost will depend on several factors such as the condition of the vehicle, how many hours it will take to get it right and what level of protection you choose in a ceramic coating package. Ball park could be $500 - $2500 with all of those variables. If you would like I can try to recommend a shop I would trust in your area. I do know other pros all across the US.
Old June 5th, 2021, 3:20 PM
Administrator

I'm in the Kansas City metropolitan area on the Kansas side. I put a deposit on a 2022 C8 last month but don't expect it for at least a year. I suspect that it will require at least some paint correction.

On another Forum they have discussed using both a ceramic coating and Xpel PPF. I'm not sure how that would work out.
Old June 5th, 2021, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Hopefully it won't need much paint correction, but you're right in assuming that it will need some after factory and dealership handling. For the PPF you have the option of having just the front end done or you can do the whole car. Then the coating would be applied over the PPF plus the rest of the car, which includes all of the plastic, trim, moldings, paint, glass and wheels. Having both PPF and a ceramic coating is the ultimate protection.
The PPF will protect the paint from rock chips and scratches and also UV. The ceramic coating adds additional UV protection, helps to extend the life of the PPF, plus protects against corrosion and chemical damages such as bird poo, sap, bug guts. And the coating protects the plastics and trim from fading.
Old June 5th, 2021, 3:44 PM
Administrator

I thought maybe because the ceramic coating bonded to the paint that maybe it wouldn't work on top of the PPF.

Know of any suppliers in the area? Would be nice to find one that did both. I was planning on putting PPF on the front end similar to a bra area.
Old June 5th, 2021, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

I do know a place in your area that I believe does both the PPF and coatings. I'll send you a private message.