New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Portland Oregon newby

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2021, 12:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portland Oregon newby

I am putting together a 1953 ****** wagon with a 350 sbc. I do not have any skill or experience but after owning the wagon for ten years and thinking about it. it is time to get things going.

I have purchased a former crate engine from my regular mechanic that was involved in an engine bay fire. Engine is in great shape , has exhaust manifolds, Eldebrock Performer intake, new 600 Eldebrock carb, Summitt HEI dist.. I still need all the extras, alt. starter, pulleys, water pump, and anything needed to get this running.

I will be using the existing T90 trans, transfer case, and focusing on just getting a running rig. Brakes, fuel lines, and anything else is still in the future. I have never worked on cars before and know nothing, gotta start somewhere. Any Bubbas out there who can guide me?
Old August 14th, 2021, 2:21 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Howdy
I am putting together a 1953 ****** wagon with a 350 sbc. I do not have any skill or experience but after owning the wagon for ten years and thinking about it. it is time to get things going.

I have purchased a former crate engine from my regular mechanic that was involved in an engine bay fire. Engine is in great shape , has exhaust manifolds, Eldebrock Performer intake, new 600 Eldebrock carb, Summitt HEI dist.. I still need all the extras, alt. starter, pulleys, water pump, and anything needed to get this running.

I will be using the existing T90 trans, transfer case, and focusing on just getting a running rig. Brakes, fuel lines, and anything else is still in the future. I have never worked on cars before and know nothing, gotta start somewhere. Any Bubbas out there who can guide me?
Welcome to Chevrolet Forum, Howdy! You have lots of people willing to help you including a couple of techs.
Old August 14th, 2021, 7:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 345 Likes on 326 Posts

Welcome from Florida. Have fun with your project.
Old August 15th, 2021, 1:02 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old August 18th, 2021, 10:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See you around the forum!