New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

repeated no start relearn

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2018, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repeated no start relearn

HI all, i'm david and have an 2003 impala,
I'm have a no start every morning on this car, i'll list out what i've done to fix it so you can see what i might be missing.
1. got new battery ( it died to parking lot and showed a security light) relearned to start car
next mornig had to relearn again.
2. I bypassed resistor on key cylinder ( put in a new resistor between black and white wire and cut the yellow wire) relearned, it started and next morning had to relean again,it had no codes.
3. replaced the electrical part of the ignition switch ( thinking ti was the bad part) relearned, it started and next morning had to relearn again.
4. replaced the BCM , reflashed unit and it started but lost radio code, next morning same no start, relearn the 30 min relearn and started, i have security light flashing, no radio, and have to relearn the 30 min relean every morning.
so my question is....is there away to bypass the entire security system? or is there a place where the security system holds the code, that i can energize to save the code? or is the car stuck in relearn mode?
any help will be greatly appreciated,
thank you in advance.