New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

The signs are leaving, we are still Chevy at heart! Brooks Biddle Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2010, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The signs are leaving, we are still Chevy at heart! Brooks Biddle Chevrolet

Just wanted to say thanks to all the loyal Chevrolet owners but after 44 years GM has decided to pull the Brooks Biddle Chevrolet franchise. We will be set up with AC Delco parts and have retain our trained service department. Wish we could keep the franchise for another 44 years. Just wanted to say we are still stocking atleast half Chevy pre owned and we won't be going out of business! We will now be Brooks Biddle Automotive.
Old October 14th, 2010, 5:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Sorry to hear this and I sincerely hope you persevere in this market. GM has closed too many good dealers. They closed 2 good ones around here and also one in the next town over and there is not another for miles and miles and miles. Too bad as we have bought New GM vehicles over the years from a good dealer that used to be here for years and years. Serviced them there too since they were always good to us.

We have a Jeep dealer and a Ford dealer close by. (not counting all the foreign brands which I will not buy) I switched to a Jeep with my last purchase. We still have 2 GM vehicles but not sure what they will be replaced with when the time comes.
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Taz
CF Beginner
MonteCarloForum Liaison

Sorry to hear your dealership was one of the ones chosen to be let go. There were about 4 GM dealerships in my area that were part of the down-sizing also. Only one out of the four still remains open. But it operates as a used car lot, and the service department was turned into a Jiffy-Lube.

For many decades, GM was lucky to enough market share and a large enough line-up of vehicles to warrant having separate dealerships for different models. It really is too bad that there wasn't a better way to change things. The closing of the dealerships really hurt a lot of families and communities.

Hopefully, GM will change their mind about yours. Or perhaps another car company will pick you up.