New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Surprise Leaking at Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2020, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surprise Leaking at Car Wash

We ran our 2017 Equinox through the car wash earlier today and we found ourselves getting a soak from leaking water coming from the overhead console, along the edges of the sun roof and, I think, from the driver and passenger side front doors. We know all were securely shut, because we checked before entering the car wash. We run through the car wash on a fairly regular basis, although with the quarantine, it has been a while.
A fair amount of the water was steadily dripping from the right side of the overhead console right onto the cup holder and the floor. I was in the passenger seat and the right front side of my shirt was soaked, so I know water was coming from right above me. My wife was driving and she was getting it onto her lap and her left side of her shirt. There was a pool of water on the floor mat of the driver side once we got home.
Before calling our dealer tomorrow, we wanted to check to see if anyone experienced a similar problem and what the solution and outcome was. Appreciate any feedback anyone can provide. Thanks.