News, Concepts, SEMA Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Chevrolet. (This is not a tech section.)

2008 silverado ss

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2006, 1:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 silverado ss

According to my friend the 2008 silveradoss will have the zo6 motor in it. I wanted to know if any one else has heard this.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2008 silverado ss

No, it will not get the Z06 (LS7) motor.

The vehicle is slated to be powered by the LS2 6.0 liter (395-400hp) if this version makes it into production, nothing etched in granite as of yet.
It is probable that it will sport the new Vortec-MAX 6.0 Liter VVT engine (367hp) though.
Old October 25th, 2006, 3:31 AM
CF Junior Member

at least it will have around 400hp. do you know if it will keep up with the srt-10, it should because last years model was close.[sm=gears.gif]
Old January 8th, 2007, 3:23 PM
CF Junior Member

I found out what he was talking about but it's not called a SS it's called the Silverado 427. I like it as long as the hood doen't look like that.
http:/www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12573/Chevrolet_Silverado427Concept/default.aspx
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:33 PM
CF Beginner

Thats going to be the most bad *** truck on the road I cant wait for it to come out!!! ;D
Old September 29th, 2007, 4:30 AM
CF Beginner

I don't know about the Chevy motor but I drove a 08 GMC Denali yesterday. It had the 6.2 high output and by spec it is 403 HP and 417 torque
Old October 22nd, 2007, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

yes it will have the 7-liter ls7 backed by a six speed manual sick sick sick truck cant wait to buy one
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: chevyforlife

Thats going to be the most bad *** truck on the road I cant wait for it to come out!!! ;D
is that true?? i can't wait either too
Old November 25th, 2007, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Look at this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1Xd...eature=related
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

they ar e never gonna make that 427 silverado guys..the emmissions alone for a truck would be too tough..it is a put together show truck..the new ss and vortec maxs in 2009 will get the cadilac motor 6.2 liter ...the denali and two special versions of the silverado get it now..my uncle is a siut in the gm plant he is part of the special projects team im gm of canada..i was not going to buy my 2007 new body style silverado if it was coming out with the new 6.2 motor in 2008 and he reassured me it will not be availible till 2009 ..gm biulds so my motors and they do not change a product line till they loose sales or till they get backed up on iventory ..and then the blocks go to motor people such as jegs and summit ..those types ..he told me they have not even come close to there qoute yet ,even in the mist of a ressesion.. and the likely hood of the ls7 motor making it into a silverado will put the price tag above 62k garenteed ..just in the exhuast and fuel injection requirments ..think about it you don't need the same fuel if your racing vs. towing so this thing has to be absolutely streetable before it can be sold to the public..gm has enough problems with out people blowing clutches and dropping rearends from such horse power... you might see it as an option to the ss in 2011 but it will be pricey and you can bet it won't be able to tow more than a jet ski or john deer tractor.. they don't now.. and *** for the price of the camaro..low 50k for the z28 option..gm is trying to buy the rights for the iroc-z series agian ,to make a commemortive model ..very limited ..and you better believe it will be price..but that car will see the same tranny and motor as the z06 covette..being a limited number so called by gm it does not have to abide by the gm law stating article 59 "nothing shall surpass the performance and handling capabilities of the corvette" but limited numbers do not abide by this .. they will not make a convertable of this model..and z28 might not be also ..there having problems with frame weight vs. rigity on the high horse power cars ..the test mules..trust me guys there coming they might not be what we all hoped for and then again they might be more....but there not coming out with anything too radical with everybody hurting in sales ,unless your car ses "im eletric" lmao ..who cares ..i have the right to bear arms and drive a gas gosseling chevy v8 if i want to.. ttyl tony c in rhode island.

Quick Reply: 2008 silverado ss