News, Concepts, SEMA Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Chevrolet. (This is not a tech section.)

SS Colorado

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2007, 10:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Colorado

So how about this ellieged SS Colorado? its supposed to boast a 5.3 gen 4 and a 6 speed man trans or a 4L60E auto trans with kevlar bands, corvette servo, ect... also, another rumor going through the dealer is that the duramax is going to be downsized and stuffed into a half ton... i'll believe both when i see them though...
Old December 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: SS Colorado

I hope so. That would be a good thing for Chevy to do. I bet the diesel would be really popular with its good mileage.
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Yea there is a 4.8L Diesel scheduled for 09 in the half tons. It is rated at 310 HP and 520 lp.-ft.
Old January 16th, 2008, 12:01 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: mitchell87

Yea there is a 4.8L Diesel scheduled for 09 in the half tons. It is rated at 310 HP and 520 lp.-ft.
Thats nice.. I've been wishing for a long time now to have a 4 x 4 diesel from chevy

Old January 16th, 2008, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

They need to do something to get more colodaro's on the road. I still want to see the ss HHR in person. [&:]
Old February 25th, 2008, 3:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I dont see many Colorados out there. I read an competition in Car and Driver with the Colorado in it and it came in dead dead last. I remember one guy saying "its almost like chevy didnt want to compete" the nissans and toyotas blew it away. Lot of complints about the interior, they need to fix that truck and get back to S-10 sales.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 8:20 PM
Former Moderator
Honorably Retired Member of Staff

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Well c'mon its a 5 cylinder engine that puts out less than alot of tuner cars. Personally I think the design of the Colorado is hideous, even if they made an SS model with the 5.3 putting out 350 HP or more I wouldn't even think about buying it. My opinion they should bring the S-10 back with a new body style and interior more closely resembling the new silverados and keep the 4.3 but upgrade the electronics and tranny to give it better mileage and crank more power.
Old March 24th, 2008, 7:46 AM
CF Monarch

I agree with you there about bringing back the s-series. I like the Colorado though... I drove one for a while and I was surprised with how much MORE powerful the inline 5 is than our V6s. What ultimately flabbergasted me was how well the Colorado pulled our boat as compared to my Blazer.
Old March 24th, 2008, 2:32 PM
Former Moderator
Honorably Retired Member of Staff

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know Brent, when I rode in one it felt like I was riding inside a box, inside a box. The power was serious lagging. I wouldn't drive that truck if Chevy gave it to me for free. I'd sell it and buy some stuff for the blaze!
Old March 24th, 2008, 5:26 PM
CF Monarch

lol. Some things never change Troy!

Quick Reply: SS Colorado