Nova & Chevy II The Chevy II was introduced in the 1962 model year and quickly became one of the most popular models, with many trim levels and engines available. The RWD Chevy II/ Nova ended in 1979

ball bearing idler arm installed

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2016, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ball bearing idler arm installed

Good: Does inprove the the feel and performance of the steering.
Bad: parts cost about $300 dollars and you need a press to do the job. My son has an 18 ton press and it worked fine. Also had to replace the idler arm that was on the car as this kit only works on one with an 1 1/4 inch hole and the new one I had put on last year had a 1 1/8 inch hole.
You can buy every thing you need from a place called Chevy 2 - One. They have the best price I could find, and carry many hard to find parts.
Car: 1963 convertible, stock 194 cu in engine and turbo 350 trans. I am building this car for my personal use and have sparied no expense. Front end is all new from PTS, springs, spring pads, gas shocks, wheel bearings, brakes ( installed duel master with stainless steel lines) anti sway bar, pitman arm, etc, and had the steering box rebuilt and set to factory spcs.
Except for the new paint, and a front end alinement, my two sons and I have done all the work including a new interior and top with new seals (expensive). Also have a set of rare wireweel hub caps that I found on e-bay for $ 40 and have refurbished for about $150 dollars.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a nice ride and a great way to have fun with your sons. I am presently restoring a 1967 El Camino for my grandson. He is 3 years old. I might have it done by the time he turns 16. Actually I am about halfway there. Engine, tranny, rear end and wiring are complete. Just need to finish the interior and paint. Have fun!