OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1979 Caprice Classic For Sale

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2015, 7:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 Caprice Classic For Sale

Selling our 1979 Caprice on Ebay

(I hope this is okay to post the link..if not let me know)

Chevrolet Caprice Classic Coupe 2 Door | eBay

Price: Starting at $500

Description: Selling our 1979 Chevy Caprice 2-Door. She's been good to us for years now, but we cannot afford to fix her up.

Last time we drove it was around July of 2014 and it was running, but started smoking under the hood. It has been sitting in the drive since then and the battery is dead, it is not advisable that the buyer expect to be able drive it from here back to their destination.

Has had various repairs over the years, (alternator, belts, radiator hose, brakes, trunk lock) most else is original. Some rust underneath, hole in tailpipe, no emergency brake handle, driver's seat belt has issues, damage from wreck on right rear panel and back bumper (see photos). One turn signal is awry after replacing the ignition and the turn signal handle is snapped and taped up. Heat worked in 2014, never had AC. Power windows and locks work. No cracks in the windows or windshields.

Sold as is. Contact me if you have questions.

This is an old boat, lol - but it is a beast and ran smooth as a general rule (even while smoking when we drove it last), not loud. Before we had it it was owned by one lady (my aunt) who drove it to the grocer and the doctor, and it had 38,000 miles (in 2001). The mileage has NOT turned over, but it has gotten us where we need to go as our main vehicle for several years now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLEASE READ<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

NOTE 1: Buyer is responsible for local pick up or shipping costs and arrangements. (We are in SE Oklahoma)

NOTE 2: If buyer is planning to drive the car eventually and wants the title, buyer is responsible for that cost - Title IS good, but was lost in house fire in 2013. Buyer MUST contact me and let me know if they want the tag and title (tag is required for replacement title), and we will make arrangements concerning the tag agency.

Otherwise vehicle is sold without title for parting out. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.
Old June 29th, 2015, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Relisted this again because the buyer never paid.
Chevrolet Caprice Classic Coupe 2 Door | eBay