Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

04 optra wiring problem

Old December 20th, 2012, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 optra wiring problem

My 2004 chevrolet Optra LS has been working perfectly over the years, but now suddenly my car battery dies overnight, what ive done was take a tester light and connected it to the ground clamp then to the ground battery post, then started pulling fuses, ive found that the headlights are my issue, but then after removing both headlight bulbs and pluging them back in there is no more power being drained from my battery. my guess is i just need new bulbs but do not want to go buy some and discover i need to check the wiring for ani burns or tares witch could take some time, specially when its -18 and have no garage. is it possible that the bulbs are the cause? or should i bundle up and start checking all my wires from the fuse box to the lights?
Old December 22nd, 2012, 9:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Well the only true way to know is to to test (trial and error) or find someone who has had the same problem as you.

At lest you have the issues narrowed down to two things.
Old January 7th, 2013, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Hey I have an 06 optra that drains the battery over night. I can turn the car off and it continues to run until I open the door. Then the dash cluster stays on all night killing the battery. So with the help of almighty google I pulled the I/P fuse under the hood and it was fixed it has something to with the dome light module and it only happens in cold temperatures. What a heep of crap.......... When this car dies or burns to the ground I'm buying another honda never to return to chevy.
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:08 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

hello, any one has wiring diagram for the head light for 2004 optra. pls i need it bad.
Old September 29th, 2015, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 Chevy Optra LS break light & signal light issues

The problem I'm experiencing is that my left break light is off while driving and only lights up when pressing the breaks. Under normal conditions, the break light should be dim while driving, then light up bright when pressing the breaks, as the right side does. Also my signal lights on the left side (both front & rear) are off while driving, where they should be lit dim as the right side does. They do light up bright when signaling left.

Checked that the fuse is not burned out. This looks like there is some kind of faulty wiring issue on the left side.

Anyone else experience this? Hoping that there is a quick fix, rather than having GM soak me for the repair.

Love GM products, but this rebranded Daewoo is total CRAP. I will buy GM again and understand that this is NOT a GM product. These are Daewoo inventory buyouts that GM had acquired. A mistake GM has regretted as this is a reflection of their brand by putting their name & logo behind these cars.