Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

07 Aveo issues

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2016, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Aveo issues

I am new here and I have problems. I inherited a 07 Aveo that has problems. A family member burned up the motor in the car. The engine was replaced, the ECM was replaced and another control module inside the car under steering wheel which I believe is the Transmission Control module was replaced from what I have been told. The check engine light is flashing but when I try to hook up my code reader it wont connect. They were told that the modules were from different cars. Do I need to go have the ECM flashed to communicate the other modules in the car? The car runs fine except that it dings the warning bell all the time. Don't want to put a whole lot of miney in the car until I know it will be worth it.
Any ideas would be of great help.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old February 8th, 2016, 7:43 PM
CF Veteran

does it run like crap? flashing check engine light means theres a dead miss, and yes if modules were replaced they need reprogrammed and just FYI donor/used modules don't always take programming to a different vehicle
Old February 9th, 2016, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

It runs fine so far. Put about 80 miles on the car and no problems with the engine. Just lights flashing (seatbelt and engine, also airbag light on) and the darn chime going off.