Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

2009 Saturn Outlook

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2013, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Saturn Outlook

Forgive the Saturn post, but:
I've recently had some transmission problems and took my Outlook to the GM dealer. They found a recall for the timing chain and replaced that, saying it would fix the problem. It did not. I took it back and they said my 3, 5 and R gears needed to be replaced and the transmission needed to be rebuilt. This was covered under the power train warranty and this was completed at no charge. Two weeks later, I was driving home from work and the traction control light came on, along with a message saying that was out. Then, the stabilitrac light came on and a message saying that was out, followed by the engine light and a message saying the engine had limited power. The car began to shake and I could not drive it over 20 MPH. I made it to the dealer, Brown and Wood, a couple miles away, where the service advisor, Greg, was kind enough to wait around a few minutes past closing after I called on my way there. Greg called today and said the throttle body was worn out and needed replacing. At the same time, a tire sensor (for air pressure) is also out. Does this throttle body thing have anything to do with the transmission or the timing chain? I've had zero problems with this car until all three things happened at in succession.
Old December 11th, 2013, 2:41 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

jhtarheel
Welcome to the forum...
The throttle body or the throttle position sensor that is part of the throttle body , will/can cause all those errors related to the traction control and reduced engine power...
I think your transmission and timing chain issue were separate issues...
Old February 11th, 2016, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2008 saturn outlook and have had the same issue within the last month. The transmission was first repaired (thankfully underwarranty) and a few weeks later the traction control service/ stabilitrak service lights came on. Was that also under a warranty?