Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

Does anyone know what this thing is, or does?

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2018, 1:54 PM
CF Active Member

Location: Currently the Candian Gander is wintering over in New York.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is an update. I don't have the plug that is supposed to connect the wire harness to the transmission. After watching a video on YouTube sponsored by Monster Transmission, it occurred to me to contact them to see if they could come up with the plug and wire I need. They sell kits for some of the transmissions, but I didn't see one for mine, so I though it was worth a shot. Skip told me today that he has the plug on order, and he's pretty sure he's going to be able to wire it up, correct color code and all. They have a number out of Florida: 800-708-0087

Gotta wonder why whoever cut the connector and removed it from the harness didn't just disconnect it from the transmission instead.

Last edited by Kazoocruiser; September 5th, 2018 at 2:18 PM.
Old October 14th, 2018, 6:03 PM
CF Active Member

Location: Currently the Candian Gander is wintering over in New York.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the progress update. In the last month, I replaced a 4-port vacuum switch to try to recreate some of what was removed by deliberate error. I think finally exorcised the demon that was practicing switchcraft under the hood.

After the switch was replaced, I had to figure out hose routing. I was wrong about the switch receiving ported vacuum. The switch contacts are normally open unless vacuum is applied. That means manifold vacuum is going to be operating it. Once I test it out, I'll post an update.

I know it is off-topic, but what kind of signal is an EGR valve supposed to receive, ported or manifold?.