Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

Hot or not: Pro Street Chevy C10

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2018, 5:01 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hot or not: Pro Street Chevy C10

I've never been much for the look of pro street trucks, as I think they can look a little overdone. But I do appreciate the work that goes into them, and Brett seems to think this truck is love it or hate it. So what do you think? Is this C10 hot or not? More pics and info here.

Last edited by Johnny Mayday; November 29th, 2018 at 5:05 PM.
Old November 30th, 2018, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say not man. In my opinion the short bed c10 is overvalued. I love c10's, but everyone goes short bed, everyone lowers it, everyone puts a cowl hood on it, and lately everyone does an LS swap. It's certainly got that lightly funky 90's vibe to it but imagine all the other ways you could have developed that thing. Lift the rear a tad for that aggressive muscled look. Accent the whole body with chrome. Cut the hood to get your air filter popping out. Do SOMETHING different. It's all cut and paste lowered shortbeds. Yeah, it's a great look, but it's like "murdering out" (all black) any vehicle, it's been done a million times to the point where it's just annoying.
Old November 30th, 2018, 5:03 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can definitely see where you're coming from... That said, I love the idea of an LS swap! One of my dream builds is dropping one into an old XJ6.
Old November 30th, 2018, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

Man that would be killer. LS is without a doubt the stronger, and more efficient engine. It would be vicious with the kind of body style I'm thinking you want.
Old December 17th, 2018, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah, it's hot!