Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

I think they made too many for prices to truly "skyrocket'...

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2017, 6:12 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think they made too many for prices to truly "skyrocket'...

But I can see where this HP post is going. There definitely seems to be a bubble around some vintage metal right now, and frankly, I'm amazed that people are spending as much as they are on resto mods. Overall, I think there are just too many old trucks out there for things to get truly crazy. What do you think?
Old October 27th, 2017, 5:58 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

There must be a demand for it. If people are willing to pay the price then it is worth it. There are many hours of labor involved in doing a restoration properly and so the price is high.
Old October 27th, 2017, 4:54 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, I get that people are paying the prices, and most of the time, it seems like the buyer wins with a restomod. The cost of doing these can be crazy. I know for sure that's true of SEMA cars. They never fetch anything close to what they're worth.
Old October 27th, 2017, 6:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

To think you are going to get back + $ you do into a restore is crazy, unless it is a (ex.) GN Buick, or something rare. I put $$$ into a 1970 Delta that I knew I'd never realize any $ return, wasn't the point of why I did that, my true childhood Americana!