Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

My Celebrity

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Celebrity

Holy Crap...I have ARRIVED! And all this time, I thot I was the only one who could appreciate this forgotten mode of transit...happen to SWEAR by these cars, as I have been driving thesesince @ '94, andlog @105 mi./day min., work travel w/coworkers, plus anywhere else I need to go daily, since 9/99 with this one; '88 Celeb Euro, 100,950 at purch., all power 2.8 MPI, console shift, gauges, HD brakes,now rusty&ugly, blah,blah...more to my point, It now shows 281+K, with only "normal" maint., save for head gaskets, TWICE in it's life w/ me,w/o head dmg.(Alum.!~Go Figure-?) and 5 alternators; -and itstill runs like a watch...I don't care why, it just WORKS! My goal was 250K BEFORE the second H.G. job, but now, I'm going for 300K- Why not?!!
My First; 1986 Celeb Euro, all like above exc. iron-head, @ 93K purch., went to 168+K and died in my driveway, only after getting me home, and then SHUT OFF; no idiot lights, no gauge warnings, plenty of oil&coolant-...as found, she never rolled again (spun rod brgs.) I transplanted a jnkyrd mtr in 'er and shipped 'er for $800-and I felt Lucky...so what did I do? You just read it all, you addict; like me. They tell me,"Buy a Honda and be Happy!" I wretch; and say, "If it has American Lungs, liquid nerves,and electric blood,it will call me DOCTOR!"~GM[sm=drlove.gif]