Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

rims and tire set up for a c10

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2019, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rims and tire set up for a c10

Hey guys new to the forum. I have a 1985 chevy c10 regular cab long box 2WD with the wrangler package. I'm trying to build a somewhat sleeper truck, when I purchased the truck it did not have the original rims on it. Its suppose to have the 3 piece rally rims like the vettes. I found on ARR website very similar 1 piece rims in 17". Was gonna run 17"x7" on the fronts and 17"x9" on the rears, as I am aiming to put 400+ RWHP to the ground with potential for more down the road. But having a hard time finding tire sizes to fit that rim without throwing the speedo out that bad and not really sure how wide of a tire you can fit on the rears in the well and on a 9" rim. So my question is what would be a good tire set up for the rears on the stock ride height and without tubbing it? Also, best tire for traction (only driving on nice summer days)? I am open to diffrent rim setups and or sizing as long as I can keep everything from sticking out to far.

Thank you, for any help in advance!
Old January 23rd, 2019, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was thinking about going with the Toyo proxes TQ size- 345/40R17 on replica rally rims 17"X9" with a 5" back space and a 0 offset. Is that tire to wide to fit that rim? If not will they fit under a stock ride height C10 with a fleet side box? If anyone has pictures with similar size tires can post some pictures to give me a rough idea of what it looks like. Would be a big help before I go ahead and purchase anything.