Paint, Body, & Interior Getting resprayed? Want to discuss body modifications? What about your carpeting and upholstery? This is the place for it!

what color should i paint my 69' el camino?

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2009, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what color should i paint my 69' el camino?

just looking for some suggestions of what color i should get her painted

The engines not in it right now so thats why its sittin so high .
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

White. It stays herds cooler in the summertime, it's highly visible, it's (believe it or not) lighter weight than most other paints. Also doesn't tend to draw cop cars. Of course, you may not like white. In that case I would like to suggest ... ...white.
Old March 10th, 2009, 4:02 PM
CF Veteran

Orange field (top too) with white stripes. I like factory colors and stripping. Redo the chrome too.
Old March 20th, 2009, 7:35 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rivereye
White. It stays herds cooler in the summertime, it's highly visible, it's (believe it or not) lighter weight than most other paints. Also doesn't tend to draw cop cars. Of course, you may not like white. In that case I would like to suggest ... ...white.
another vote for white here..

By the way rivereye, havent really thought that white is lighter than most paint.. hmmmm.. will keep that in mind..
Old March 20th, 2009, 3:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

White's a little harder to keep clean,as darker pigments hide dirt better. If you keep it washed and waxed, nothing looks better. It's great for pinstriping and other treatments, shows them off in a good contrast.

Gwampa's got a good suggestion,too. Nothing turns heads better than a classic in original paint. It's almost like a journey into the past. You have to have seen at least one classic like that. Makes you go "Whoa!".
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:44 PM
CF Veteran

Rivereye makes a good point about White...and since my Impala is white I agree. So if you don't use Orange, White is right.
Old March 21st, 2009, 7:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it should be silver w/black stripes
Old March 21st, 2009, 8:20 AM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

I'm a fan of silver with black stripes. To be honest with you all, I really hate white vehicles, maybe it's because I live in Michigan and we see way too much white, maybe it's because they look like service vehicles.

I would say:

Black with Silver stripes (or Inverted)
Purple with Yellow stripes
Orange with black
solid blue
Old March 22nd, 2009, 6:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im just going to throw this out... but my auto body teacher told me about his 69. and btw... i consider you damn lucky to own that beautiful car. i love those babies. and the SS is just icing. but my teacher told me how hes got 43 years of every magazine of hot rod, classic car, muscle car all those... i mean he said he has a room of mags alone. and hes paged through them all. and he chose how he wants his paint. he said there aint a lot of brown cars in mags or at shows. you just never see brown looking cars. and hes painting it in what seems like a very good color brown with some other color. white sounds good but i think white and another color. like some two tone. make that baby shine man. shine it all. i know its common but a nice metallic black. deep black and ghost flames. or ghost something. when i think camino i think good car but bad *** twin side.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 7:35 PM
CF Active Member

My vote goes to black.

Can't beat the look

The second one has metallic red stripes...looks great.

Quick Reply: what color should i paint my 69' el camino?