S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

01 Blazer Idles rough and check engine is flashing

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2019, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Blazer Idles rough and check engine is flashing

A couple weeks ago my 2001 Blazer just died on me in a parking lot. Had it towed in and the fuel tank was leaking and needed a new fuel pump too. Had the repairs finally done after 2 long weeks! They said it was ready so went to pick it up and it was still on the lift. I could see the fuel line still leaking. Left it another day. Next day said it's ready again so I pick it up and as soon as I'm driving feel how rough it's idling and check engine light starts flashing. Service manager said she should be running like a top but definitely not!! I'm already in for $1000 in repairs and this seems very suspicious to me.
Old July 4th, 2019, 7:07 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

If you don't have a scanner, go to Autozone or Advance and they will read the codes for you. The shop that did the repair work should also be able to read the codes. This will probably tell you what is wrong. I don't think I would really trust that shop if they tell you the truck is ready to go with it leaking fuel. They should make the truck right.
The following users liked this post:
James Baldwin (October 12th, 2019)