S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2000 Blazer Headlights

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2007, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Blazer Headlights

About ready to use the sledge...

Just got (2 weeks ago) a 2000 Blazer 4dr 4x4 for the wife. Everything seemed fine until she noticed a problem with the headlights... So here is what it does... The DRL turns on all 4 lights (hi and low). When you turn on the headlight switch, all 4 come on (with no highbeam indicator on inside.) When the lights are off and you flash the lights (with the multifunction switch) you get all 4 (and the highbeam indicator inside works.) Using the multifunction switch does nothing except when the lights are off. The Automatic lights turn on all 4. I noticed that a ground was replaced/installed on the pass. side connected to the lowbeam blue wire. (disconnecting this new gnd wire = no headlights at all) I thought maybe someone had installed some sort of Quad mod but I don't see any diodes b/t low & highbeams (found that info on one of the forums.)

I've replaced:
headlight relay
DRL relay
headlight switch
multifunction (turn signal) switch

I have another headlight harness (incase I missed something in the headlight wiring) coming from s10Warehouse.

I kinda remember seeing somewhere, someone said that it might be a problem in the BCM. Does anyone buy that?

Anyone have any ideas (besides taking it to the dealer.)

Thanks
AJ