S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Battery Drains

Old February 25th, 2014, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Drains

Good Morning

I am wondering if any one can help with a perplexing problem I have. My 1998 chevy S10 Blazer runs well and then I park it the battery will intermittently drain over night and will not start the next day. The first thought was a parasitic draw. I have tested for this a couple of times, the results being that once everything "sleeps" the draw is less than 1ma.

I had a problem with my drivers front door not closing properly(theory being that the dome light was staying on when the door did not shut all the way) but the dome light has been overridden for more than a year, the hinge pins have been since been replaced and it now shuts properly(but dome light is still overridden. The battery has been changed removed tested OK by retailer and re-installed and it is still happening for no apparent reason

I am kind of at a loss. any nudge or push in another direction would help

Thanks in advance
Don
Old March 8th, 2014, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vanity Mirror lights don't shut off

Maybe it's your vanity mirror lights. I notice my were not shutting off with the flap closed because the hinges were broke and the on & off button was getting depressed all the way in to shut off the lights. Just another thought.