S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

A/C question

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2009, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C question

I have a '94 Chevy S10, I opened the A/C low side cap and the little ball think where you recharge your system popped out and drained the system. What is the part called to replace this area of the A/C section. Like I said it is the low side, recharge nozel and the little pressure ball thing popped out and is gone, what part do I need to replace, do they sell the little ***** to pop in there, or do you have to buy the entire connection area. Thanks
Old July 22nd, 2009, 8:11 PM
CF Beginner

Schrader valve...they sell them at any auto parts store.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:58 PM
CF Beginner

No its not a schrader valve this is the recharge valve post on the A/C line that hooks to the radiator, I am wondering as to what peace I need to replace, or what I can replace that is as little as possible. The valve had a ball valve not a schrader valve.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 1:33 AM
CF Junior Member

The fitting end near the line does it have a hex head ? look like a nut?
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Ya, it does.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 3:28 PM
CF Beginner

Here are some photos of what I'm dealing with just follow the link:

http://utahwildlife.net/forum/viewto...204597#p204597
Old July 23rd, 2009, 6:04 PM
CF Junior Member

[quote=#1DEER1I;106618]Here are some photos of what I'm dealing with just follow the link:quote]

Are you sure thats the low-side thingy?

I peered under the hood of my 04 S-10 and the fill port is on back side of accumulator. I have a tube looking like the one in your photos and it gets my vote for being on high-side.

I know little to nothing about auto A/C but if that thing was on my S-10 it'd be attached to a line called evaporator tube.

See the attached pdf for an illustration.

Surely one of the experts will tell me how wrong I am.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HVAC - evap tube replace.pdf (59.8 KB, 578 views)

Last edited by far2grumpy; July 23rd, 2009 at 6:06 PM. Reason: correct reference
Old July 23rd, 2009, 8:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Your right it is the High side service port.The low side is on the accumulator . You need to hold the base with a wrench and take the top off .The fitting is about a half inch long so you need to grab the first hex .Which is about a quarter inch down from top.Then take it to napa , carquest and match it up or try the dealer.Yes your right it's not the normal schrader valve .
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

You know after looking at it I realized I was calling it the low side when it was the low side, my next question is do you think I can just replace the valve or will I have to replace the entire line? Someone told me this truck would take R12 refrigerant but I thought 134a, whats your opinion on that?
Old July 24th, 2009, 12:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Turn this car around
Your right it is the High side service port.The low side is on the accumulator . You need to hold the base with a wrench and take the top off .The fitting is about a half inch long so you need to grab the first hex .Which is about a quarter inch down from top.Then take it to napa , carquest and match it up or try the dealer.Yes your right it's not the normal schrader valve .
You need to hold the base with a wrench and take the top off .The fitting is about a half inch long so you need to grab the first hex .Which is about a quarter inch down from top.Then take it to napa , carquest and match it up or try the dealer YES it can be replaced..Unless you don't follow the above steps and ruin the line .You will have to do something else then. See above! and my last post to you. You will need R134a.

Quick Reply: A/C question