S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Carb shooting gas. 85 S-10 pickup durango

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2018, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Carb shooting gas. 85 S-10 pickup durango

I need help. I have a 85 S-10 PU durango 2.8L V6 with a Rochester 2 barrel carb. (part no.17085350) and I have gas shooting out the top of my carb. I ran my truck last night just fine, no issues. and this morning I started it up and it was running rich. Well cold start, I didn't think much of it. Then it barely stays running and as soon as I hit a hill a block away, I had no power and it dies. So I barely got it restarted and made it home. I then started to try and figure out what was wrong. I opened up the butterfly valves to let in more air because I thought it was flooded. That didn't help. So I started pulling spark plugs one at a time to check spark and all had spark. Then I noticed that every time I cranked the carb was spitting gas out the top. I have no idea why. I was trying to research this and came up with idk what.
Please help.
Old January 28th, 2018, 1:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Is gas squirting out the venturi, if so, both? Rebuild kit should be available. I pretty sure there might be a plug in the venturi leaking, that was a common issue, super glue is your friend.