S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

engine swap

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2006, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swap

Ok all, so here's what I need to know. I currently have a 1985 Chevy S0 with a 1.9L 2bbl 4 speed. What I would like to do, is swap my 1.9L with a 327. Is this a feasable(sp?) idea?
Old August 7th, 2006, 6:02 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: engine swap

im asuming when you say S0 you mean s10 if so then yes you can do the swap it will take some work though. you will have to find another tranny diff rear gears and a few other bits and peaces. it all depends on how much you know about cars and how much money you have.
Old August 7th, 2006, 10:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

s10v8.com

Search your little heart out and you will find the answer.
Old August 8th, 2006, 2:35 AM
CF Active Member

Never mind wrong thread
Old August 8th, 2006, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Oooops, yeah I do mean S10, lol, I didnt realize that till now, that it wrote S0. LoL......well, I have the engine, tranny, drive train, I have everything I need. I am going to pull it from another truck. I was planning on reinforcing the frame. I think it would be a good idea. Just gotta convert it to automatic, cuz well, the engine has an automatic transmission. haha, anywho, do you think reinforcing the frame would be a good idea? I just think it would be alot safer with the frame reinforced. Do I have to take the truck off the frame to do that? Or can I just do it from underneath? Sorry, I know its alot of questions, but this is my first engine swap that I've done. I was involved in the rebuild of a 2.9L for an 88 Ranger. That was fun, lol. I had a great time doing that.

Amanda
Old August 8th, 2006, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

Did you get on s10v8.com yet. It's an entire forum on nothing but V-8 swaps into s-series trucks. Pretty much any combo swap has already been done so all the info is pretty much on that site or S10forum.com All you have to do is search.
Old August 8th, 2006, 12:45 PM
CF Senior Member

you could reinfose the frame but hese trucks are pretty strong without doing that. as long as you dont plan on doing anything real hardcore like having a motor with 500 hp or somthing like that you should be able to put the motor in without any extra work to the frame. hope this helps.
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:05 PM
ira
CF Beginner

wont it be hard to change from 4 spd to auto?
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:20 AM
CF Active Member

don't forget, u'll have 2 shorten the driveshaft, relocate the cross member 4 the trany, beef up the cooling system (go with electric fans- more room & more power). if u want 2 get your truck 2 really hook, look into installing a 4-link. with the extra power the 327 will provide u, wheel spin (& hop) is a given, it's gonna cost ya some $, but it'll be worth it. good luck, & post some pic's of the project when u'r done.
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:37 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: 70mopar

don't forget, u'll have 2 shorten the driveshaft, relocate the cross member 4 the trany, beef up the cooling system (go with electric fans- more room & more power). if u want 2 get your truck 2 really hook, look into installing a 4-link. with the extra power the 327 will provide u, wheel spin (& hop) is a given, it's gonna cost ya some $, but it'll be worth it. good luck, & post some pic's of the project when u'r done.
I would not recomend a 4-link on a factory rear end. The factory rear ends are complete poo. Wheel spin is what saves them from messing up and flexing. Their are a couple parts to beef them up but then you could also upgrade to an 8.5 or a 12-bolt.

Quick Reply: engine swap