S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

fuel pump relay

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2007, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel pump relay

Update!!! The lastseveral days the truck has been running very bad!!! I ended up sitting on the side of the road a few times, but luckly got back home. The last two days I could not get the truck to start or stay running in the mornings.I ended up pulling the fuel pump and replacing it and it seemed to idle much better, took it for a ride and seemed to run alot better. This morningI went out to see if it would start, and it started right up and was purring like a kitten.

Ialways thought when a fuel pump dies, it just goes ka-put, most of the time anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions and help!!!!!
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

ok, well I guess that the fuel pump took a crap because of the fuel pump relay was going nutz!!! Today the relay went click, click, click.

Dose anyone have the Hanes Repair manual?? (94-04 s-10)

I was looking at the wiring diagram (typical v6 central multiport injection system wiring diagram 3 of 3). the way that I am reading this...... there is a fuel pump relay control inside the PCM???? is that right?? or is it something that connects to the PCM???? I am thinking that maybe it is the fuel pump relay control that is making the fuel pump relay to go nutz!!!
Old August 24th, 2007, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Hey mikee, I am having the same problem with my 94 s10. Just wandering if you have figured it out yet? Please let me know. Thanks Scott.
Old August 26th, 2007, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

well folks, here is the latest. In the hanes book, it says to check the PCM by tapping on it while the truck is running, and if it acts up then there is probably a poor connection in the PCM. I was having a pretty bad day with the truck and tapped on it kinda hard several times, and guess what......... it has been running like a dream!!!! I am guessing there is a bad connection in the PCM somewhere. Until it starts acting up again I probably will not mess with it.
Old August 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM
CF Beginner