S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

HELP!!!! Brake and ABS light on dash

Old August 28th, 2009, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! Brake and ABS light on dash

Hello All,
I have a 2001 S-10 with the 4.3 and an automatic tranny. On my dash, the brake and ABS light are illuminated and I can't figure out why. I have checked the brakes and there is plenty of meat left on the pads and shoes. The emergency brake works great. I have checked the 60 amp ABS fuse under the hood and that's still good. Also, the brake fluid is at the max level. She is one of my daily drivers and the brakes work flawlessly. I'll say again, the brakes work great! I have also run a OBD2 diagnostic on her with no codes present. The ECM isn't reading any problems, but there is obviously something wrong. So, before I take it to a repair shop, I thought I would ask here to see if this is a common problem and possibly an easy fix. Presently, she has 60,000 miles on her and runs exellent. Any suggestions? Thank you for you time and take care.

John
Old August 31st, 2009, 1:55 AM
CF Junior Member

I seen this issue on my first 2002 Blazer, it turned out to be the ABS Sensor on the Driver Side Front Tire has come loose and it was triggering the ABS light to say on. I just pushed it back in and all was fine. If memory serves me right it is located on the Top of the disc assemble behind the dust shield. Take the tire off or turn to till it stops and press the ABS Sensor back in, if this does not solve it, your sensor is more then likely bad and should be replaced.
Old August 31st, 2009, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

They're on in my 2001 Blazer also. It's one of the sensors in the wheel..either the wheel speed or the ABS sensor as listed above. It's a fairly common problem I think...I've heard a lot of it over on BF
Old August 28th, 2013, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2001 S-10 Blazer ABS & Brake Lights

My local tire dealership told me that the difference in size between my front and rear tires is the reason my lights keep coming on. Just recently replaced the front tires, but haven't got around to changing the rear tires. Besides they have plently of life in them yet. . .