S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

How adjust carburator on blazer 262 v6 1989

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2019, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How adjust carburator on blazer 262 v6 1989

Hello

I have an blazer 1989 4,3 v6 4wd

Had It in for controll today and the CO was extremely high, so It get way to much. It rattles also on idle, and difficult to drive as it humble and rattles away.

How do I adjust the carburator? Is there any place i can read how to do it and maybe rebuild it? and get the ground settings on it?

Have ordered new o2 sensor

Thank`s

Christoffer

Old May 29th, 2019, 4:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Your Blazer should have a TBI unit, not a carburetor. Yes, you can overhaul it. Part Number ACDELCO 19160316 Professional kit
Old May 29th, 2019, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Your Blazer should have a TBI unit, not a carburetor. Yes, you can overhaul it. Part Number ACDELCO 19160316 Professional kit

Thanks, yes okay, is this the 2 "injectors" or nozzels on the top of the "carburator"?
Old May 29th, 2019, 10:36 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

"throttle body" not carb. you cant tune these as theyre tuned by the ecm. i faulty sensor could/would cause the truck to burn too much fuel or mess up the tune.
Troubleshooting sensors and how to test this would help you test the sensors. but is your check engine light on? does it come on when you first turn the key to "on". when was the last time you ran some sort of injector cleaner in it?
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:42 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Dekkbrenneren
Thanks, yes okay, is this the 2 "injectors" or nozzels on the top of the "carburator"?
Indeed so. Those are indeed the two injectors, held in by torx screws. Its easy to overhaul a TBI unit and like Irish Alley said, you dont tune the Throttle Body Injection units, You can safely soak the injectors in carb cleaner or paint thinner to clean them up, but not the gaskets/o-rings which should come with the kit. If you've been using good quality gasoline, I doubt you'll even need to do that. I'd put a new fuel filter on, unless its not that old as well.
Old May 30th, 2019, 1:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Irish_alley
"throttle body" not carb. you cant tune these as theyre tuned by the ecm. i faulty sensor could/would cause the truck to burn too much fuel or mess up the tune.
Troubleshooting sensors and how to test this would help you test the sensors. but is your check engine light on? does it come on when you first turn the key to "on". when was the last time you ran some sort of injector cleaner in it?

Thanks for reply, check engine light comes on when i turn the key and go off when I start it.

Probably never ran injector clean, bought the truck for couple months ago so i dont now much about It.