S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

More No start

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2021 | 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Again, I'm not suggesting you try this, but if it were me, I'd turn the key on, and jump the starter see if it will start.
thanks, I did try that but there's no spark.
Old January 17th, 2021 | 3:07 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by Mous
thanks, I did try that but there's no spark.
My take is replace the ignition switch. Both the starter, and ignition are from that source. You didn't say you had tried jumping the starter with the key switch on, only that you had no spark.
Old January 17th, 2021 | 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

My take is replace the ignition switch. Both the starter, and ignition are from that source. You didn't say you had tried jumping the starter with the key switch on, only that you had no spark.
sorry, I've also done other stuff that I didn't post: Replaced the ignition switch, tried it w/ the key on, tested the fuses, removed the key cylinder to see if the rack & pinyon was skipping (the one in the ign. cylinder, not the steering), it seems loose but it works ok. Pushed the clutch down w/ a 2x4 propped to the seat while I jumped it w/ the key on to see if maybe the neutral switch is funky (still no). there might be more that I've blanked out.
Old January 17th, 2021 | 4:54 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by Mous
sorry, I've also done other stuff that I didn't post: Replaced the ignition switch, tried it w/ the key on, tested the fuses, removed the key cylinder to see if the rack & pinyon was skipping (the one in the ign. cylinder, not the steering), it seems loose but it works ok. Pushed the clutch down w/ a 2x4 propped to the seat while I jumped it w/ the key on to see if maybe the neutral switch is funky (still no). there might be more that I've blanked out.
Ok, backing up, did this issue happen before you've done the replacement etc.?
Old January 17th, 2021 | 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, backing up, did this issue happen before you've done the replacement etc.?
yes. Here's the latest update: The yellow wire (to/from the ignition switch) had disconnected at an aftermarket crimp (a non functional remote kill switch I think). I soldered it. the starter now works from the key and there's spark. It still doesn't start though. I can smell gas so maybe it's flooded or the gas is wet? tomorrow I'm going to get some starter fluid. hope it works.

Last edited by Mous; January 17th, 2021 at 7:37 PM.