S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Need advice with 02blazer!!!

Old January 7th, 2013, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice with 02blazer!!!

i recently rolled my blazer on a highway when hitting some ice.
ya i guess the winter tire investmnt woulda done me good.
anyways its mostly body damage i think. the doors close but dont line up which makes me believe the frame is twisted. No visible damage to the engine or motor. no cracks in windshield or anything
the battery still connects but the vehicle wont start
a couple people have suggested that it could be the killswitch underneath the pedals and it oculd be as simple as that

im also 300km away from my vehicle now so im trying to learn what i can so i can get a buddy to look at it for me

so does my blazer have one of those killswitches? if so where would it be located?

somebody else also suggested it could be the starter jammed when the vehicle rolled. for a solution they suggested rolling it in 1st gear letting the clutch out and trying to start the vehicle that way but im hesitant cause im wondering if that could cause more damage too the vehicle than whats already been done?

if somebody has any helpful advice it would be appreciated

im not very mechnically inclined, and im on a budget so im trying to figure out if its worth it to try and get it on the road again and if theirs certain things i can do to prep it before i end up having to send it too a collision auto shop