S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Questions About Lights??

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2007, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions About Lights??

Hey ya'll,I got a 99Blazer and the wiring on this damn thing ishorrible. Does anyone know how to disconnect the auto headlights becauseI am really tired of putting new headlight bulbs in it.

Now as far as foglights and headlightsfrom what I have read and been told it is normal when you turn the turn signals on the volt meter kind of jiggles a bit. Is this correct. Now about the fog lights I am wanting to put new headlights the bright ones in my high beams and fog lights down bymy tow hooks because to be honest the stock head lights even the high beams suck bad. I do an awful lot ofback road driving and I need more light. IfI put fog lights (I am talking about likethe ones you get from Auto Zone or Walmart that are like $40.00 I hada set before on my old Ranger I had before and had no problems.With the way thevolt gauge is, is it normal and will it handle the extra draw from fog lights and the new high beams??

Old October 19th, 2007, 9:14 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Questions About Lights??

Go to the fuses located under the hood (Black box next to air box.) Open it and find the relay labled DRL. Pull out the relay. On the bottom of the relay you will see 5 prongs with the numbers 30, 85, 86, 87 and 87a. Take some pliers and bend the prong numbered 86 up toward the top of the relay. This will prevent that prong from engaging and will deactivate the DRL's. Replace the realy and put cover back on.
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Questions About Lights??

I was wondering the same thing also. I have recently purchased a 1998 S-10 2.2 5 speed. And i have the same issue the trucks wiring is somewhat messed up. All of the trucks lights run all the time no matter what day or night for some reason. And When I also turn the turn signals on I do see a slight twitch in the voltage meter I am also wondering if that is normal.