S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

S10 blazer 4.3 tbi 1989 fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2019, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 blazer 4.3 tbi 1989 fuel issue

Hi again

Was on my way to work, It worked perfectly.

Then a couple off hours later i needed to go out, but it Will only crank, no sign of life. But ignites with start gas but still no fuel. What can this be?

The tank, pump and filter is new. Maybe a fuse? Witch one?

Thanks 😊
Old June 6th, 2019, 10:25 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

could be something wrong with the distributor and sending signal for the injectors to "fire". since it doesnt stay running that kind of eliminates the fuel pump relay and O.P.S.. but it doesnt eliminate the pump. need to see if your injectors are firing and if it has any fuel pressure
Old June 6th, 2019, 11:30 PM
CF Beginner

Think It's the pump, or something wiith the signal to the pump from ECU. Figurerd out the pump are not getting ground when the ECU say so, or should say so. Or the relay? Can also be oil pressure sensor,
How many ohm should the sensor have??

Something funny here as the fuel gauge suddenly shows full tank and oil pressure at max when its not running 🤔
Old June 8th, 2019, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Irish_alley
could be something wrong with the distributor and sending signal for the injectors to "fire". since it doesnt stay running that kind of eliminates the fuel pump relay and O.P.S.. but it doesnt eliminate the pump. need to see if your injectors are firing and if it has any fuel pressure

Injector works, have spark but no fuel pressure.

Is there any commond failures? The pump and filter are almost new. What can cause the pump are not getting ground?
Old June 8th, 2019, 3:27 PM
I'm here for the party

one common failure is the rubber fuel line in the tank that connects the fuel pump to sending unit can crack and leak but that normally only causes poor pressure and leads to a misfire. where did you check pressure from, and can you hear the fuel pump "prime" when you first turn the key on? might need to take the fuel tank cap off and listen
Old June 8th, 2019, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

one common failure is the rubber fuel line in the tank that connects the fuel pump to sending unit can crack and leak but that normally only causes poor pressure and leads to a misfire. where did you check pressure from, and can you hear the fuel pump "prime" when you first turn the key on? might need to take the fuel tank cap off and listen
Thanks for tip

I did not check pressure cause i now there is not
The injectors works fine, have power and pulse. Tested them also with 9v battery. I found the pump wires in the back, took the multimeter on them, and when i turn on the ignition i got power too the pump for a millisecond and It's gone.

Why is like that?

Can it be oil pressure sensor maybe? How many ohm should it have? And also the fuel gauge suddenly shows full tank.

Im start thinking fixit the redneck way, wire the pump directly too the battery. At least i could drive it home from work and get 1 happy boss 😂

Sorry bad english writing

All reagards

Guy from Norway
Old June 8th, 2019, 6:58 PM
I'm here for the party

not sure why it only powers for a split second. if its like the full size trucks it should power up for at least 3 seconds. the fuel gauge might be from a poor connection or broken wire. if i was to wire up something like this i would wire it to a power source thats only hot when the key is in the "on" position. that way you can just turn it off if you need to. but if you do it that way you need to use a relay of or sort or another due to amp draw
Old June 9th, 2019, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

not sure why it only powers for a split second. if its like the full size trucks it should power up for at least 3 seconds. the fuel gauge might be from a poor connection or broken wire. if i was to wire up something like this i would wire it to a power source thats only hot when the key is in the "on" position. that way you can just turn it off if you need to. but if you do it that way you need to use a relay of or sort or another due to amp draw

Thanks

I drive out today too get the car home, I tried to start it 1 last time before i tried this redneck tricks and IT fired up like nothing ever happend.

So i think this maybe a bad soldering in the ECU (or somewere else) or bad ground somewere. Also maybe condensaition.
Old June 9th, 2019, 12:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

If it's like my 93 5.7 I would change the ICM in the distributor (if there is one)- I am on my 3rd one; usually fail w/o warning and your description fits what happens when it fails - and when it cools down it can start working again, then fail again later
Old June 9th, 2019, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Rednucleus
If it's like my 93 5.7 I would change the ICM in the distributor (if there is one)- I am on my 3rd one; usually fail w/o warning and your description fits what happens when it fails - and when it cools down it can start working again, then fail again later

Okay thanks 👍😎