S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

S10 "Jerks" while driving

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2015, 1:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1998 4x4 LS that jerk while driving also. CEL not on, and no codes. The following have been replaced: tps, rotor, plugs, fuel filter, pcv valve, ignition coil, intake manifold gaskets, fan-clutch, air filter, Cat-converter, egr. The MAF was cleaned, and ignition module tested. Battery is less than year old.

The car jerks for an instant, catches jerks, catches etc. Happens at takeoff and at all speeds.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 1:17 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 1998 4x4 LS that jerk while driving also. CEL not on, and no codes. The following have been replaced: tps, rotor, plugs, fuel filter, pcv valve, ignition coil, intake manifold gaskets, fan-clutch, air filter, Cat-converter, egr. The MAF was cleaned, and ignition module tested. Battery is less than year old.

The car jerks for an instant, catches jerks, catches etc. Happens at takeoff and at all speeds. Any help appreciated
Old September 5th, 2016, 5:07 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

yes I had the same problem and it was only 14.99 to fix ... it was the crank position sensor
Old November 13th, 2020, 4:12 AM
CF Beginner

Default 4.3 jerks, stalls, wont start

Originally Posted by desertdawg70
Ok guys, I have about given up. Here is the deal. My 2002 Chevy s10 crew cab, 140,000 miles, "jerks", or thats the best way to describe it, while I am driving, almost exclusively at high speed. It's almost as though is loses complete power , but only for a spilt second. I have replaced the fuel pump last year and the injectors the year before. My mileage is now around 200-225 per tank, which is well below the 300 or so I usually get. I was told that the problem was the spider injector system, so i replaced them 2 years back, and it solved the problem until about 3 months ago. Supposedly the injectors leak some fuel, cause the "jerk". The injector system is about 300 bucks, so I am dreading replacing them again, only to have them start to go out. I have no idea what's wrong, but I do know that my O2 sensors are going off again, and I occasionally get the code that says my gas cap isnt on tight, when it is. Has anyone ran into this "jerking" before? I am wondering if it is the injectors, or if something else is causing the injectors to go bad.
I will be checking back often, and I am taking the truck to have the codes read again tonight.

Thanks, and let me know if you need any other information.
koi

Hello, I had the same issue with my 99 silverado 4.3. No codes ever popped up, no check engine light. Eventually the motor just died and would not start. After tinkering around with it for weeks I got lucky.... I noticed a slight discoloration on one of the 3 wires on the connector to my coil to the left of the throttle body. One of the wires had broken under the plastic so it looked ok but when the motor warmed up, the plastic loosened enough for the wire inside to pull away from itself and the truck would misfire at first, stall when idling and eventually fail completely. I soldered the wire back together and she fired right up again. Since the fix, I have driven it for the last 6 years with no further issues. 270,000 miles and still starts right up.

Last edited by David N Cooper; November 13th, 2020 at 4:15 AM. Reason: Added info