S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

The saga continues will it ever end!!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2009, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The saga continues will it ever end!!!! HELP

Recently purchased 94 s10 4.3 blazer (w). The truck falls on its face under load, it idles fine but under load it just tries to die out. What has been replaced cap, rotor, plugs, wires, pvc, fuel filter, air filter, oil, oil filter, fuel pressure regulator (was leaking), hollowed out the cat, and fuel pump. also cleaned out the egr. Whats your thoughts on ignition control modual. and any other ideas please help me end this saga this thing is kicking my butt Thanks In Advance
Old February 2nd, 2009, 7:03 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

PCV, not PVC
Sorry, its a pet peeve of mine

I think its trying to compensate for the ruined cats. That or you have major sludge problems internally.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 8:50 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Check the fuel pressure and your ignition coil.
More than likely the coil
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

ok fuel pressure reads 51 still (running). 60 turn key (not running) Never tried the coil but spark test is good. As far as sludge are you reffering to oil or fuel. The tank looked good they told me. Also when I did the oil change it was dirty but no clumps. and looking in to the selective openings in the head gasket it looks clean. Oh and I have only one cat and there is nothing in it.
Sorry about the pvc lol was in a hurry and falling asleep at time of post! Thanks for the input thus far
Old February 2nd, 2009, 9:03 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

coils often fail under load. They may produce a spark but it may not be strong enough to fire the rich mixture in the combustion chamber. They aren't too expensive to try if you don't have to proper equipment to test it
Old February 3rd, 2009, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

ok update so now that I got it back from the shop after inspecting it does not look like they took of the egr (the gasket I bought is still in the front seat) and cleaned it. So tonight I plan on taking that off and cleaning it and putting the screened gasket on. This is were it sits now, starts fine idles ok but you can feel a mis or hesitation (does not seem like its going to die) then in park netrual or drive if you try to gas it to much it bogs down if i let off and it gets into second i can throttle it a little more and this continue through the gears, until eventually I am at cruising speed and it does fine with the same hesitation miss as in netural ( hardly feel it but its there) Thanks In Advance..... with this new info shoudl i still try the coil? Is there a way to check it?
Old February 3rd, 2009, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Ok nevermind on checking the coil... picked on up at advanced only 20 bucks. Did not get the change it yet though I pulled the old one all the way off to find that it is rivited to the mount. But when I did get it off I inspected it and the "plug" part where the boot of the wire goes had all kinds of marks nicks ect kinda looked like the moon lol. So really hoping this could be my problem Gonna do the egr and coil tonight when I get off. Thanks any more advice or tips I am all ears!!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

ok so i replaced the coil and removed and cleaned the already clean egr and NOTHING still falling on its face!! Help me out here guys what else could it be where should I look and or test?? Thanks In Advance
Old February 4th, 2009, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

I am assuming this is EFI if so check the Throttle control sensor. I recently had a problem with my kia doing a simalar thing when it was cold then finally it just wouldnt move while in D unless I putted at about 15 MPH. I know different cars and motors but I figured Id throw it out there
Old February 4th, 2009, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Is there any way to test a tps?? THanks

Quick Reply: The saga continues will it ever end!!!! HELP