S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

The saga continues will it ever end!!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2009, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you cn test it.. i seen someone put on ohm meter to it and take a screwdriver in the slot and turn it.. the meter reads higher and higher.. but if it drops suddenly and back up its bad.
Old February 5th, 2009, 4:43 PM
CF Active Member

Ideally you would want a scope to sweep test the TPS, it would record any small glitches that a multimeter might miss. Connect to signal & ground of TPS wiring. Slowly open throttle to full. A good TPS will start at around .5v (closed throttle) & smoothly go to around 4.5v (full throttle). If you had access to a scanner, even though alot of info
wouldnt be available, you could watch your TPS & also check to see if engine is lean or rich when problem occurs.
Old February 20th, 2009, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Its fixed!!!

Ok so after alot of time blood sweat and tears she is fixed!! It was not the spider or the fuel pump or the cat or the egr or a whole list of other things that wont need to be replace on my truck for some time now ( since I just put all that crap in it ) Turns out from the computer I get a good pulse to the injector. Just outside the plenum the reading varies the reading for the actual injector itself puts it into spec. So ends up being the plug for the injector was all messed up so a little love and attention to detail and my project is finally on the road!!!! Thanks for all the great info and assistance through this painful expensive process !!!!