S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Strange noise

Search this Thread

Old December 18th, 2010, 12:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Strange noise

Hello all. Here's my issue. I have a 1990 Chevrolet Blazer S10 4.3L 2WD. I drive my truck a lot, so I know what it usually sounds like. I left work, and drove about 15 miles to get home, and I didn't notice anything weird, although that could have been because I was playing rock music. I got home, stopped at the end of the driveway and got out to grab the mail. That's when I noticed my truck didn't sound right. I muted the radio, and when I put the truck back into drive to drive up to the house and park, the sound stayed the same, and didn't change when I parked it again. All of my gauges on the dash were normal, and no warning lights were on. I don't really know how to describe the noise, but it isn't a knocking, pinging, or grinding sound. I wouldn't really call it a squeal either, but it is kinda high-pitched. I'm worried that whatever is wrong with it will get worse if I drive it anymore, but I need my truck to get to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:42 AM
CF Junior Member

sorry but your not really giving that good of info. does it get louder at higher rpms? did you open your hood and try to listen where its coming from? it could be your belt, pulles just need a littel more info...
Old January 15th, 2011, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default 95 Blazer 4x4 Stalling Issues

Whats going on with your truck, sounds like whats going on with ours. Here is some info on what is going on with ours. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

Our blazer is giving us some problems and we haven't been able to figure out whats going on. We are looking for some feedback from people on what they may think is the problem. We hope that everyone can help.

We have replaced a bunch of parts on our truck and still having problems. What the truck is doing is cutting off while driving down the road. The timing is set right, the vacuums and electricals are right, and the timing chain has not jumped teeth or broken. Right behind the motor, the distributor, has some smoke that comes up once it cuts off. It's not running hot and once the smoke goes away and sits for a minute, it cranks right back up and drives for a couple more miles before it happens all over again. It has some kind of knocking noise, which we think is the 2 lifters that are loose, coming from the bottom of the motor. We know we have a bad cam, which is getting replaced today, hoping that this fixes the issue at hand. Please, send me your advice or what you may think could or would be the problem.

Thank you